Many of us around here are lovers of autumn —it’s the winner of “most popular season”by far! With the cooler temperatures, crisp air, and colorful leaves, fall brings the opportunity for so many fantastic activities. If you’re looking for some great ways to enjoy the outdoors this season, check out these ideas for an autumn nature walk to bring a smile to your little one’s face!
- Visit an orchard. Apple orchards are lovely places for a walk, and many allow you to pick your own apples. Toddlers can get involved in the apple-picking action too, as long as you’re supervising!
- Crunch through the leaves. Children of all ages love to run through fallen leaves, crunching them underfoot!
- Collect colorful leaves. Leaves that haven’t yet gotten crunchy are perfect for collecting. Yellows, reds, and oranges all appeal to little ones.
- Listen for the animals. Young ones can learn animal sounds as they listen for the pattering feet of squirrels, the chirping of birds, and the ribbitting of frogs.
- Feel the textures of natural objects. Bark, sticks, river stones, grasses, and flowers all have different textures that can be explored.
What are some of your favorite autumn activities?