Holiday time means traveling! Whether it’s across town or across the country, traveling with baby can be challenging. But you don’t have to let travel dampen your holiday spirit! We’ve collected 5 ways to keep your little one happy as you’re on the go.
- Make frequent stops. If you’re traveling by car, stopping every hour or so will let you and your toddler stretch. (But if your little one is asleep, take advantage of the time and keep driving!)
- Bring some special toys. To keep baby occupied, bring along some new toys. You can pick up several at the dollar store and give your little one a new toy every hour!
- Time it right. If you can time your travel to your baby’s sleep schedule, you can get most of the driving or flying done in peace.
- Take some music. Bring your little one’s favorite CDs or musical toys and sing along!
- Play games. Simple games like “I Spy” or “Telephone” can keep your toddler busy. Tell stories, or even invent your own games!
What strategies and tips do you have to reduce stress when it’s time to pack the suitcases? We want to hear your ideas!