It’s easy to neglect yourself when you’re a mom. Your list of things that need to be accomplished seems endless, your baby requires attention, and you have countless demands on your time. But caring for yourself is part of loving yourself and loving your family. You may not have an hour to dedicate to me-time, but even a few minutes can rejuvenate your mind and body. Here are 15 ways to refresh yourself in just 10 minutes.
- Grab your iPod and listen to a couple of your favorite songs. If you’re feeling stressed, try some soothing piano music or downtempo electronic. If you need energy, play your favorite pop songs.
- Give yourself a facial with inexpensive, at-home products. It’s not only relaxing, it’s also good for your skin.
- Browse a magazine that you enjoy. Reading an intellectually-stimulating article or looking through home or fashion photos can help you reboot.
- Take a few deep breaths and stretch with your favorite yoga poses. Yoga has been proven to be good for the mind and the body.
- Enjoy a healthy and delicious treat. Healthy food can taste good and provide needed energy to get you through your day.
- Reflect on your feelings in a journal. Writing your thoughts down helps you think more clearly and gives you a fresh perspective.
- Socialize on Facebook or send an email to a friend. Sometimes you just need to interact with another mom going through the same things you are.
- Take a shower using aromatherapy products. Aromatherapy can relax you or energize you, depending on what essential oils you use.
- Polish your nails with a cheerful color. Pretty nails will boost your mood and look nice too.
- Take a walk through your neighborhood. If you have a dog, bring him or her along for some company, or enjoy some quiet time alone.
To be the best person you can be, you need to take care of yourself even for just a few minutes each day. You may want to set your alarm a little earlier, take advantage of nap time, or spend a few minutes before going to bed at night to refresh yourself with some me-time.